Wednesday, October 14, 2009

For a good cause

My daughter is horse crazy, from the first moment she saw horses she was in love. Last summer she began taking horseback riding lessons. We absolutely love the stable she rides at not just for what it does for my daughter but for what it does for the community.

The Stable Place offers riding lessons, but also provides special programs by providing lessons for Special Olympics groups, drug and alcohol rehab programs, and foster care groups. In addition to that many of the horses there have been rescued.
This Saturday is a fundraiser to benefit the Stable Place. I was very happy for the chance to donate this quilt as part of a silent auction to be held there. So if you are interested in helping people and horse head out to The Stable Place Saturday. There will be food, riding demonstrations and the silent action.


Don't forget to come see me that morning at my open house. I have lots of fun new stuff!
Update, I'm happy to report that this quilt was auctioned off for a $50. All for a great cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails