Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I'm Back

Sorry for the long absence (ha, I wrote that like people are actually looking at this blog).  I'm PTA pres at my kids school and it has been so busy.  I have been sewing, I just havn't taken the time to post stuff.  I did a quilt this week that I'm kind of proud of and thought I'd share.
I have a client that I do a lot of work for and last week she emailed  me with a picture of a baby's room and asked if I could come up with a quilt that would work for it.
This is the room.
 I love projects like this,  it's like Project Runway for Quilts. 
This is what I came up with.
.
I really think this is going be cute in that room.  I tried to pull in the colors and mimic the strips.

I decided to try and machine quilt this.  I've done machine quilting before and never been very happy with the result.  I can never get it stretched right and I end up having lots of puckers and it just dosn't look right. This quilt worked up so great.  There are some very small puckers but they mostly got lost isn all the quilting.  I used my embroidery machine for the hearts.
So happy with the results of this one.  Now I need to get started on Halloween costumes.  My girls want to be a Pirate and a Snow princess. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails