Saturday, January 9, 2010

For me

I come from a long line of quilters on both sides of my family. Some 60+ years ago my great grandmother made these blocks. My grandma saved them and I have had them for several years now.

Last winter I pieced them together so that I could begin quilting them. I got maybe a quarter of it quilted before I put it away for a while. Lately I have been in the mood to quilt, so I got it out again.

It may sound crazy to some to try to hand quilt a project as big as this, but I feel like it would be an insult to my Great grandmother to have it machine quilted. Besides, quilting is very relaxing for me. A few winters ago I hand quilted a top made by Great grandma on the other side of my family. It is one of my most prized possession. Hopefully I will be able to finish this one before too long, then I can display them side by side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails