Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sewing Machine Woes

Thursday morning I got out my backup machine and found that even with the new part, it still wouldn't work. So I ran it over to the shop only to find out that it would be a $70 fix. That machine is 15 years old and a bran new version of the same model is $150, so it really wasn't worth it to fix it. Needless to say I was pretty upset thinking I would be without a machine, add to that that I had promised some hemming that day. Luckily my mom came to the rescue and brought over her machine. My amazing husband decided the machine couldn't get any worse so he looked up directions on how to fix it. Today we cracked open the machine, and went to work, and we FIXED IT! Yay! It took less than an hour to fix and I really can't figure why it would be a $70 fix normally. So I'm back in business, good thing because I might just go crazy with nothing to sew. I finshed the quilting on the baby quilt I was working on. I'm going to start working on the binding and hopefully it will be done in the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails